The Training & Placement Cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its graduates and post graduate students in their efforts to find employment and is devoted to meet the career objectives of students and cater to the Human Resource needs of Organizations.
To be the first choice and become a top-notch talent source of students for the leading and reputed recruiting companies in the IT and Core sectors.
- Technical competency: Organizing intensive, effective training & skill development programmes, assessing performance, conducting mock interviews and value added courses to impart awareness and knowledge about emerging trends and technological advancements with profound trainers, academies to facilitate the students to excel in campus hiring process.
- Soft skill: Arranging Training programmes for the students in various facets of soft skill with leading training institutes to improve their all-round performance to thrive in their career.
- Industry-Institute Collaboration: Promoting Industry tie-ups for having student projects; internships; expert lectures; training on latest technologies; in-plant training; industrial exposures; organizing workshops; conferences and symposia in collaboration with industries, facilitating consultancy activities, creating ‘Centre for Excellence’ and R&D Laboratories, inviting the industries for campus hiring and signing MoUs for having mutual benefits.
- Career Guidance and Counselling: Guiding and counselling the budding engineers and managers with external as well as internal experts to choose their right career path and to sustain with that.
- To provide career counselling for the students about various avenues open after graduation and to encourage them to select their career with prospective employers based on their aspirations.
- To prepare the students for facing campus interviews by arranging training in aptitude; soft skill and emerging technologies with professional trainers / training institutes to improve their employability skills.
- To make the students employable and to assist those in obtaining placement in reputed companies in IT and Core sectors.
- To arrange on-campus; off-campus interviews and internship for the students with core industries.
- To maintain good rapport with the recruiters; inviting them to campus and making them to prefer our students for hiring.
- To develop faculty members with recent /emerging technologies and management practices through FDPs in association with various industry experts
- To create awareness among the students on recent industry trends through guest lecture & power seminars by inviting industry experts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES T&P CELL
- Identifying skill gap and arranging training programmes for the students on soft skills, aptitude and technical.
- Updating students’ data semester wise to monitor their performance and to check the eligibility criteria of recruiting companies.
- Knowing expectations of the recruiting companies and preparing the students accordingly
- Making the students industry ready by imparting employability skills trainings
- Organizing both the on-campus and off-campus placement drives for the candidates
- Providing Guide-lines to students to excel in the campus interview process
- Getting Feedback from the employers periodically about the performance
- Building and keeping good rapport with reputed companies and inviting/bringing in them for campus placements
- Identifying potential recruiters from IT and core industries and inviting them for campus placements
- Regular interactions with the industry experts
- Encouraging students to register for campus hiring as per the eligibility criteria with prescribed qualifications.
- Making arrangements / facilities that will be necessary on the day of the interview.
- Gathering appointment letters of the students got placed in the campus drives and distributing them to students.
- Achieving placement targets every year and improving the placement record
- Networking with Alumni by conducting Alumni meet at every year
- Extending placement support for the passed out students by arranging campus drives for them as per the company requirements.
- Arranging pooled campus drives and job fairs for the student community of all the colleges to provide them with a job opportunity.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Arranging technical training for the students in emerging technologies and company specific training to meet the hiring company’s requirements.
- Conducting aptitude tests periodically and monitoring their test performance through online portal
- Conducting mock interview process, group discussions and Technical/HR interviews
- Providing information / notification to students regarding various competitive examinations conducted by Corporate
- Collaborating with Industries to promote Internship and Placements for the students.
- Motivating students to participate in all the national & international level competitions conducted by the corporate.